If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us e.g. at email@example.com.
Who we are
Your data are processed by GlobalLogic Inc., 1741 Technology Drive, Suite 400 San Jose CA 95110, United States of America (“GL”) as the controller.
By “data” we mean personal data/ information, i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
GL applies appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the processed data.
Purposes and scope of data processing
We collect your personal information only for the business purposes. Providing data is voluntary, however, it is necessary to use certain functionalities of the Site, for example to get your Digital Maturity Score or to use a contact form. Each time the scope of required data is indicated on the Site (we mark the data necessary to use a certain functionality).
We generally collect the following categories of personal information (as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140(o)) about you when you use the Site:
- - identifiers such as a name, address, email, phone number,
- - commercial information such as records of services purchased, obtained, or considered by you,
- - professional information.
For a better experience while using our services we may require you to provide us with certain data to create a user account.
We may use your data to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the agreement for use of the Site, to ensure the functionality and security of our services, as well as for promotional purposes, such as informing about products and services of GL group. Upon your request we may also process your data in order to conclude an appropriate service agreement (e.g. the account).
We may also use your data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed, to send you critical alerts and other notices relating to our services, for the purpose of pursuing claims or defense against claims, or to fulfil legal obligations imposed by applicable laws.
We process data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, unless you object to some operations we perform (where legally allowed). After that, as a rule, it will be deleted unless it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (e.g. relating to audits or tax) or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
The above periods may be extended, if necessary, in the event of any claims and court proceedings – for the duration of these proceedings and their settlement.
Access/ Data transfers
Access to your data will be given exclusively to appropriately authorized employees or associates of GL, partners, consultant or auditors – to the extent necessary to perform their responsibilities. Your data may be transferred to other entities that provide us with technical or organizational, including companies of the GlobalLogic group (see here)
We are a global company, which means that some companies of the GlobalLogic group or our partners are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and, therefore, data may be processed in countries which are not subject to equivalent data protection laws.
Please note that GlobalLogic does not “sell” your personal information.
Depending on the laws you are a subject to, you may have the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you, or to file a complaint to a relevant data protection authority.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter you will receive news about GL group to your email address, and you can withdraw your consent for receiving such mailing at any time.
Additional information for California residents
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), below is a summary of your privacy rights. Please note, that your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that Information, or the security of our network systems.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights: Subject to certain exceptions, if you are a California resident you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we collected about you during the 12 months before your request. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose them to you.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete, or opt-out of sales.
Opting-Out of Sale: In the preceding 12 months we have not sold personal information as that term is generally understood.
Additional information for residents of the European Union ("EU") or European Economic Area (“EEA”)
As a rule, this chapter does not apply to processing of personal data that is outside of the scope of the GDPR – when it does not concern data subjects who are in the EEA.
In case of any doubts or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is primarily:
- - the contract that binds us or taking steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR),
- - complying with legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR),
- - the legitimate interest of the controller, e.g. answering your inquiry, improving our communication, improving the quality of customer service, security of the Site, promotional/marketing purposes, potential disputes (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
Each time when we transfer personal data outside the EEA, GL applies the required safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted pursuant to decisions of the European Commission and additional appropriate measures. You can obtain a copy of the security measures we apply for the transfer of personal data to third countries by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your rights related to the processing of your personal data include:
- - access to data,
- - data rectification,
- - consent withdrawal at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal),
- - data erasure (“right to be forgotten”),
- - restriction of processing,
- - data portability,
- - objection - you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, in particular against the processing of your data based on our legitimate interests; when despite your objection we find that there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or basis for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, we will continue to process data covered by the objection to the extent necessary; at any time you may object to the processing for the purposes of direct marketing, and should you submit such objection, we will no longer process your data for that purpose;
- - complaint to the relevant supervisory authority (the list of local supervisory authorities in the EU and their contact details: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en).
This document may be updated at any time (the unified text will be published on the Site).
Last updated: Jan 6, 2021.